Fields marked with a * are required.
Child Evangelism Fellowship® in the United States
In today's society child abuse and child accusations are occurring daily. Therefore it is important that Child Evangelism Fellowship take steps to protect the children to whom we minister and protect our workers from false accusations.
All volunteers and paid workers are required to undergo a national criminal background check and complete a volunteer application process in accordance with Child Evangelism Fellowship's Child Protection Policy.
Volunteer Application Process
The following items are required from volunteers in Child Evangelism Fellowship. (Paid staff have additional requirements.)
- Volunteer Application Packet (includes background screening and our doctrinal protection policy).
- Complete the downloadable packet (click here) and mail to the CEF office where you plan to volunteer.
- OR complete the form online (see below).
- For CEF locations see http://chapters.cefonline.com/ or call 800-300-4033.
- Listen to "Protecting Today's Child" (12 minutes) online at www.cefonline.com/childprotection or by calling 1-866-878-4182.
- Read the "Child Protection Policy" included in this Volunteer Application Packet.
- Meet with your local CEF representative for an interview and to present an approved identification source.
- Some states may have additional requirements.
If you have any questions, your local CEF representative will be glad to help you. Thank you for helping us provide a safe environment for the children entrusted to our care.
Confidential Screening Form
This screening form is to be completed by applicants for any position, paid or volunteer, involving CEF® ministries and will be used to help CEF provide a safe and secure environment for children. This is not an employment application. Anyone interested in employment with CEF will also need to complete an employment application form.
If you answered "yes" above, please explain and give county and state of conviction.
If completing form for five-year rescreening, skip this question.
If completing form for five-year rescreening, skip this.
- In connection with my future involvement as a staff member or a volunteer working with children, I understand that CEF® will conduct a background check to determine my ability to minister in this role. It may include information concerning my character, work habits, performance and any court records that may have a bearing on my job responsibilities.
- I acknowledge that a telephonic facsimile (fax) or photocopy shall be as valid as the original.
- I hereby authorize, without reservation, any law enforcement agency, institution, information service bureau, school, employer, church or non- profit organization, reference, or insurance company contacted by CEF or its consumer reporting agency or its agents, to furnish the information described above.
- I understand that if any of those records contains information which is used to deny my employment in Child Evangelism Fellowship®, I will be notified of my rights and where I can obtain a copy of the information.
By clicking the check box below, you hereby release Child Evangelism Fellowship and its agents, officials, representatives, or assigned agencies, including officers, employees, or related personnel both individually and collectively, from any liability for damages of whatever kind, which may at any time result to you, your heirs, family, or associates because of compliance with this authorization and request to release information. You may be contacted as indicated below. A copy of this authorization (if not previously destroyed in accordance with record retention policies) will be given to you, provided you request it in writing. The information contained in this screening form is correct to the best of my knowledge. I authorize any references listed on this application to give you any information (including opinions) they may have regarding my character and fitness for children’s work. I hereby release any individual, church, youth organization, employer, charity, reference, or any other person or organization, both individually or collectively, from any and all liability for damages of whatever kind or nature which may at any time result to me, my heirs or my family on account of compliance or any attempts to comply with this authorization, excepting only the communication of knowingly false information.
As a volunteer or paid worker for Child Evangelism Fellowship Inc. I agree to abide by the Child Protection Policy and to refrain from unscriptural conduct in the performance of my services on its behalf.
I have read the Child Protection Policy and viewed Protecting Today's Child (www.cefonline.com/childprotection) or heard (866-878- 4182) the “Protecting Today’s Child” 11- minute presentation and agree to follow the policies and procedures in handling any child abuse situations that may arise.
I further state that I have read carefully the foregoing release and know the contents thereof. This is a legally binding agreement which I have read and understand.
Worker’s Compliance Agreement
Doctrinal Protection Policy - Adopted by CEF International Board of Trustees, May 6, 2002 Child Evangelism Fellowship® continues in its commitment to its Statement of Faith, which embodies the non-negotiable and historic beliefs of evangelical Christians.
Within the community of evangelical believers various distinctives exist which do not prevent our fellowship in the Lord and our effectiveness as child evangelists.
We therefore resolve that CEF® workers are qualified by their unreserved commitment to CEF’s Statement of Faith and their further commitment in all CEF activities to refrain from teaching or otherwise advocating doctrinal distinctives either contrary to or in addition to the Statement of Faith.
Recognizing the spiritual need of boys and girls in our community and around the world, I would like to assist in the work of Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF).
I understand that CEF is without specific denominational affiliation, and have read the Statement of Faith and CEF Doctrinal Protection Policy. In becoming a coworker with CEF, and in order to protect the ministry, I agree not to propagate or practice in CEF ministries any distinctive or controversial doctrines, methods and practices that would go beyond the CEF Statement of Faith and the approved CEF curriculum. These would include but not be limited to such things as modes of baptism, alteration of the Gospel message, speaking in tongues, interpretation of Scripture by experience, healing on demand, etc. I understand that anyone who does not adhere to this agreement cannot serve with CEF as paid staff or volunteer.
In teaching Bible lessons in core CEF programs I will use exclusively materials approved by CEF.
In offering my services I trust the Lord to make me a faithful servant, and should problems arise between CEF and me that cannot be fully reconciled, I will quietly withdraw to preserve the harmony essential to having an effective Christian witness.
By clicking "Submit" below, I indicate:
- My agreement with the Statement of Faith, and that
- I will abide by the above Worker’s Compliance Agreement, and that
- I will abide by the policies of CEF as long as I am actively involved.
(Only applicable in the USA):
To read an overview of all policies, see www.cefonline.com/usaorgmanual To see a complete copy of all policies, contact your director.